Ireland Wood and Horsforth Medical Practice will begin running flu clinics for 2-3 year olds in September. Clinics for eligible adults will begin in October – eligible patients are those over the age of 65, and those with certain medical conditions, pregnant women etc.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, flu clinics will be managed slightly differently this year, and we ask that all patients read the information below before coming for their flu jab.
If you are eligible for a flu jab, please contact your surgery to book an appointment for your vaccination – if you are going to telephone to book your flu jab, please wait until after 10am.
Please remember that if you book a vaccination now, your appointment will not be until October/November – please note down your appointment so that you do not forget to attend.
Flu Clinics and Covid-19:
- You MUST book an appointment, we are unable to offer walk in clinics
- Please do not attend early, we need to minimise social contact during the clinic
- Please consider your clothing – the clinician will need access to your upper arm so please avoid wearing several layers of clothing
- Wear a face covering – unless you are exempt, you will not be allowed access to the surgery without a face covering
- When you arrive for your appointment please use the hand sanitizer provided
- You will be asked to follow the one way system
- Please try not to touch anything in the surgery to assist with cleaning after each patient
- The clinician will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- You will be asked to leave the surgery promptly after your appointment to minimise social contact
- The surgery has minimal parking so please ensure you travel on foot or by public transport where possible
- If you require assistance accessing the surgery, please inform the practice when you book your vaccination appointment.
- We also ask patients to remember that we are putting all of these measures in place for the protection of both patients and practice staff.
Patients aged 50 – 64
The practice is waiting for government guidance regarding the vaccination of the 50-64 year old age group. Once we have received this information we will publish it on our website and Facebook page. At present we will be vaccinating patients aged 65 years and older, and those who are clinically at risk. If you are aged 50 – 64 years of age please wait for further information about receiving a flu vaccination.
Am I eligible?
Click here for more information about who is eligible for an NHS flu vaccination